The highly-publicized comeback fight between Iron Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr has been postponed, according to RingTV.
Tyson, aged 54, and Jones Jr, 51, were due to meet in an exhibition bout on September 12 but it has been pushed to November 28.
The California State Athletic Commission, who gave the go ahead, licensing the bout, previously told Sky Sports, “The (CSAC) is licensing the Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr match scheduled to take place in Los Angeles as an eight-round exhibition match.
“In this match, the referee will have the authority to stop the fight if it strays outside the boundaries of a competitive boxing exhibition.
“Mr Tyson and Mr Jones Jr will have to submit all CSAC medical tests for fighters over 40 as well as CSAC’s emergency regulations that have been put together to check the possible spread of COVID-19.
Jones Jr told Sky Sports that the exhibition would be “extra-competitive” and expects to face: “The same old Mike – he will be powerful. Power is the last thing to go. He won’t have lost his power or explosiveness.
“If I was fighting somebody I’m supposed to beat, I would probably be nervous. But because I’m fighting somebody that they think I don’t have a chance with, I’m not nervous.”